Sr. Teresa

SrTeresa-in-the-garden.png

I was born on a sunny, Saturday afternoon around 2:00pm amidst the excitement of the Grand National Santa Rosa Derby horse racing on the island of Trinidad in the Caribbean, a baby so tiny that my Mother turned me over to my Dad for care in the early days of my life, a fact I hold accountable for being" the apple of his eye!"

Since I born on the feast of St. Augustine of Canterbury and baptized on the feast of St. Rose of Lima, Rosalind and Augustine were added to my first name Jeanette. When I was one year old, our family moved to the outskirts of Port-of-Spain where I attended Our Lady of Fatima Primary School and I experienced the monthly Fatima devotions. The shops and businesses of the whole town shut down as thousands of pilgrims came onto our schoolyard to honor Our Lady. Here was planted the seed of my devotion to the Blessed Mother, however, it was during my years at a school under the patronage of Our Lady of Providence that I found my religious vocation to Carmel. 

At the end of high school, when the time came to make a decision about my future, other opportunities opened up on the horizon of my life. To make a long story short, these events led to my choice of nursing as a vocation. Marriage and motherhood followed.
Time went by, but the Hound of Love, caught up with me and, in the year 2000, and led me to honor His Mother in the Garden of Carmel.

I continue on in silence and solitude, in a life of simplicity, holding the lamp of contemplation, continually becoming

• "a living flame of Love."

My Beloved to me and I to Him and I say with St. Paul "Now I live,...no longer I, but Christ lives in me." I dwell within the indwelling God.

It was my privilege to professed Solemn Vows on April 15, 2007. Now I delight in the graces of peace and joy received for the building up of Christ’s Body, the Church. 

veiling.png       Teresa-sewing.png

I continue on in silence and solitude, in a life of simplicity, holding the lamp of contemplation, continually becoming "a living flame of Love". My Beloved to me and I to Him and I say with St. Paul "Now I live,.. no longer I, but Christ lives in me". I dwell within the indwelling God. I still live my own life, but it is a life of faith in Christ Jesus, becoming a channel of spiritual energy and a Prophetic witness of Hope for our world.